Tuesday, September 6, 2022

That one time when I was the music teacher

 Today when I dropped my students off at music, the music teacher met me at the door.  She said, I have to go make a report.  I was a little irritated.  I needed to go to the bathroom and make a few copies, but alrighty. 

She told my class to go sit in a circle and she would be right back. So in I went, to music class. I asked my students what songs they knew and one shouted out, Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer!  Another kid said All Star.  I sad, oh, let’s go with that one.  I pulled up the Kids Bop version because every song seems to have a curse word in it these days.  We were singing along and the music teacher came back.  I got up to leave and all my students screamed Noooooo. I’m a terrible singer and I was struggling to remember the words to the All Star song, but my 5 minutes of being the music teacher was kinda fun.  

At recess, the boys were talking about alligator weiners. The girls tattled.  I told the boys that I might have to tell the principal.  One kid was literally about to have a panic attack.  I told him to not talk about that stuff at school and he said ok. Alligator weiners.  That was a new one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment