Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Job

So, listen up teacher type people because I have a question.  I'm reading My Father's Dragon to my 3rd graders this month.  I was out on Monday and Tuesday for iPad training, so I asked them to fill me in on what I had missed.  Two cute little students announced to me and the entire class that they knew how it ended because they had checked it out on Tuesday, during our library time and finished reading it during Daily 5.   I said, GRRRRRRRR... to this nonsense.


So, if this happens in the future, should I just let them check the book out and read it or should I ask them to wait until I am done reading it?  



1 comment:

  1. I say, let them read it. But I get how nice it is to have the read aloud experience as a whole group. Still, they might be adding to the experience by going rogue. You really can't beat their reading excitement. It will probably be contagious and maybe more kids will check it out now. That old classic might even go viral.

    Looks like Chicago is a blast!

    ReplyDelete