Thursday, April 23, 2020

Life during a Pandemic

Today I napped.  I have no idea what time I fell asleep or what time I woke up.  I ate all day, except when I was sleeping.  My students were busy turning assignments in.  I made all the assignments super easy this week, so they wouldn't have many questions.

The one question that I got repeatedly was, My kid says he is done, Can you check?  sure.  I actually used to enjoy talking to parents.  Not anymore.  I can easily go the rest of my life without talking to another parent.


I asked my students to write a funny story about Earth Day using as many of our spelling words as they could.  I think I got about 10 stories out of 28 students.  I'll be talking to parents about this tomorrow.  ho hummm.

Some students turned in one sentence.  Most of the students wrote informational essays about Earth Day.  Nice, but not what I asked for.  One kid did a nice job.  one.


The dogs have stopped asking me why I am home all day.   Bear just wants to sit on my lap all day long.  She is ridiculous. 








3 comments:

  1. First. I apologize for taking so long to get over here and read this. I guess we can blame it on the global pandemic.

    I don't get why parents can't figure out if their kid has finished something. Shouldn't there be some type of indicator on the canvas page? Why do I have to go through and explain to people what their kid is supposed to be doing? All the directions are there. The videos have been made. By me. I've demonstrated and modeled. Okay, why did you get me started with this. I'll let it go. And what will happen when we go back? I'm losing it over here on High Street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to be in school next month, but I'm scared that it's not going to happen.

      Delete