Friday, April 3, 2020

Day 20 of the new normal

Went to Kroger today.  They have new tape on the floor telling us where to stand.  6 feet.  How is this real life?  I spent about 15 hours getting e-learning lessons together for my third graders.  I made tons of videos for them to watch.  Hopefully, they will learn something from them.  We are also going to have a zoom meeting on Wednesday.  Zoom got their act together and made it so they do not violate COPPA. 

I made a video for my students the day that Gov. Holcomb announced that we will not be going back to school this year.  Several parents called and told me that their child was crying.  I cried on and off all day.  Henry and Hayden are so upset.  I know this is the right thing to do.  I also think that having only half of the country stay at home is a joke.  Someone needs to come up with a vaccine. 


I read an article about lupus and covid 19.  Those 2 are a deadly combination.  My mom was diagnosed with lupus about 20 some years ago.  She can not get this.  I need to keep her safe. 

1 comment:

  1. It's weird to find these posts months after they were written. Your writing brings me right back to where I was when I found out we weren't going back. And all the work I was doing every weekend to get stuff ready for the Thirdlanders. Oh man.

    ReplyDelete