Thursday, September 4, 2014

XC

I went to Henry and Hayden's XC meet tonight.  It was blistering hot outside.   The meet started about an hour late and it was in Columbus.  Henry did really well.  He finished fifth overall and was the #3 runner for Tri North.

Hayden struggled.  He was last and when I saw him coming up over the last hill, I knew something was wrong.  He looked awful.  I ran over to him and he told me that he needed his inhaler.  He was in the middle of an asthma attack and still running.  I ran to get his inhaler out of his backpack and my mom snapped pictures of him.  I freaked out because he couldn't even take a deep breath to use his inhaler.   I poured water over him and sat with him while he calmed down.  The coach was trying to tell me his time.  I didn't have fun at this meet.  I want to be happy for Henry, but this is hard.  How do other moms of twins do this????


1 comment:

  1. Now I'm concerned about Hayden.

    That picture freaks me out a little.

    Kudos to all your runners this weekend!

    ReplyDelete