Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Day 3 of No Internet

We haven't had internet at work all week.  I almost walked out today.  This school is right in the middle of a major city in the United States of America.  It's not on a tropical island in the middle of a third world country.  How in the hell do we still not have internet?  I told the office staff that we better have internet tomorrow, or I'm quitting.  The one thing that I do like about this no internet thing is NO EMAIL.  HAAAAAA!!  But when the internet does start working again, my inbox is going to go crazy.

One student drew this instead of doing his Daily Math Spiral

The 6th graders have lost their damn minds this week.  I have another new student and let me tell you, these last 2 new students have put me over the edge.  I have NEVER met kids like these.  They will straight up tell you to shut the fuck up. Without even blinking.  I'm pretty sure these kids were kicked out of their other schools.  General insubordination seems to be the new norm in grade 6 this week.  One kid was jumping down flights of stairs on the way to electives yesterday.  I asked him to stop.  I begged him to stop.  He just laughed at me.  He jumped down the next flight and landed on his face.  He had to be taken to the hospital.  He has 5 stitches in his forehead now.  I have 48 days left with these kids.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh gee whiz. Come on Sixers. Calm DOWN. Why do they have to get so wild! And internet is essential.

    ReplyDelete