Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Weekend

Had a really great weekend with the family.  It's warming up and I love it.  My mom rented a cabin at McCormick's Creek state park for Charlie's birthday.  I took the boys out there on Saturday.   We hiked around for hours and then I went home to my bed and watched some NCAA tournament basketball. The Hoosiers are out but I still like to watch.  Harrison's friend Griffin runs for Villanova, so they drove to Louisville to watch the Villanova-Kansas game.  Nova put #1 seed Kansas out.  It was a pretty exciting game.


I went back on Sunday for more hiking and fun. Hayden is terrified of heights but he finally climbed the fire tower.   I had to pay him $20 to go to the top. And then Uncle Scotty offered $10 to anyone that could stay under the freezing cold water for 5 minutes. 

Hayden and Sydney for the win!!

We also crawled through Wolf Cave. That place is so fun.  I got a little freaked out by all of the spiders though.  To exit the cave, you have to belly crawl through water to get out.  I didn't really enjoy that part, but I survived.  My mom took video of us all crawling out.   I haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure it's entertaining. 


My mom made a delicious carrot cake and Abby made cupcakes for all of us. It was such a great weekend. I hope Charlie had a fun birthday!  


The boys can't wait to go camping this summer. I'll probably take a bunch of boys again. I plan to sit by the fire with my feet up doing absolutely nothing!   2 more days until  my spring break!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment