Sunday, April 1, 2012

Anaheim Angels

I refuse to call them by their new name because it's ridiculous.   Ok.  So, guess what?  The first year that the Angels played was in 1961 and they played in Wrigley Field.  Yes, I said Wrigley Field.  Apparently, Mr. Wrigley had two Wrigley Fields, one in Chicago and one in Los Angeles and the Wrigley Field in Los Angeles came first!

The Angels only played there for one year and then the stadium was used for other events.  They filmed a lot of movies there, played some soccer games, had some famous boxing bouts, and hosted a civil rights rally where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke.



www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/archives/2009/03/wrigley-field-l.html

3 comments:

  1. You know what's annoying? I commented on this yesterday.
    I wrote that I really liked this photo and I also liked knowing the facts included in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? Worst name ever. That's really interesting about Wrigley field - I had never heard that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got behind on commenting! SO sorry! I have thoroughly enjoyed these pics of your boy through time. It seems like baseball is an interest that bonds you together.

    ReplyDelete