Thursday, August 28, 2014

Smiling

I think I had fun at work today. I actually got to teach a little bit. Some of my tougher characters are starting to say ok and think about doing it right away.  I hope that this will be the toughest class that I ever have because I don't think I could handle anything more. I'm not actually handling this situation very well. My body is shutting down.  I slept all day yesterday.  I didn't even wake up to eat until 2 o'clock in the afternoon. But today was manageable.  Today was better.  I smiled. 



And tonight was even better. My twins ran in their second XC meet.  Henry came in 11th and Hayden ran 4 minutes faster than last week. He was smiling and he even said, "I can't wait until my next meet."   I couldn't believe my ears. They are looking forward to next week's meet against Jackson Creeek because they'll  be running against a few of their friends.  



When the coach from Columbus called Henry's name to come up and collect his ribbon, she could not figure out how to say Streib. She asked Henry's coach and he didn't know either. So they just called him Henry S.  We are used to hearing Harrison Streeb, but just the S. Is new and a little strange. 

No comments:

Post a Comment