Monday, August 18, 2014

Spike is home

I went in to write lesson plans for tomorrow and my classroom was trashed.  Paper, crayons, books, and pencils were everywhere.  The wagon that I brought in was on its side.  I spent about an hour cleaning and two hours writing plans for tomorrow.  Spike watched me while I picked things up.  He had a little piece of lettuce hanging out of his mouth the entire time.  I made the decision to bring him home.  I have a few kids in my class that refuse to keep their hands out of his cage.  He's a nice lizard and doesn't mind the little hands and fingers on him, but I don't want to worry about him when I'm not there.  He's been an amazing class pet.  He let all the kids hold him and he especially loved all the worms that the they fed to him.  I called a friend to come in and help me take him home.  He fell asleep as soon as we got home.  I think he's happy to be home and Henry and Hayden are very happy to have their pet back.

Spike


1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, Spike. A very fine lizard indeed.
    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete