Friday, August 1, 2014

this job

I doubt that I will be going anywhere with anyone for the next two months.  The to-do list for this job is a mile long and my head is spinning.  I packed up 90% of my books today because I had most of these students last year and I want them to see all new material.  We also have a new reading series, so there's that.




My mom, Kelly, Katie, and Whitney Thomas were all helping me set up my room today.  The new guy does not like clutter and that's kind of my trademark, so it's going to be all hands on deck helping Streib through this school year.  Mary Wicker patted me on the back during the meeting and said, "I will help you."  It's nice to have friends like this.  



My mom bought Harrison a little red wagon for his 1st birthday and he hasn't used that thing for almost 15 years.  So, I called her and begged her to bring it in and help me out.  She grabbed the little red wagon and made a beeline for Fairview.  I hauled tons of stuff from my old room to my new room in that thing.  I'm leaving the wagon in my room this year.  The reader of the day will get to sit in it anytime they want during the school day.  That will be something new for my students.  I was so exhausted from all the moving and meetings, that I could hardly stand up for Open House. I took a quick look at my list and headed downstairs.  I talked to a lot of super excited 4th graders and honestly, there are a bunch of kids on my list that I just love to pieces.  



Henry and Hayden got their schedule today and their dad helped them figure out their lockers.  They don't have a single class together.  Hayden is very excited about this.  Henry is nervous about getting from class to class on time.  We also got their XC schedule today and with it, a list of parent duties.  So, if you want to see me this fall, come visit me at the XC course, the concession stand at North High School or Fairview.   I will seriously never be home.   

2 comments:

  1. Love the selfies.

    Busy Bees, Unite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think if you weren't busy,you wouldn't be happy:)

    ReplyDelete