Tuesday, July 29, 2014

How I spent my day...

While every other teacher on the planet was prepping for the new school year today, I took this day to take a deep breath.  I slept until 11:30. I took my boys to the fair and Hayden to the doctor. I watched an episode of Modern Family with Henry.  I took another deep breath. I took lots of pictures. I went for a swim in the lake. I talked on my phone a lot.  I don't really like talking on the phone.  I took some more deep breaths. I helped sign a kid up for hockey. He was really excited. I petted goats, horses, bunnies, sheep and a turkey. A turkey has a snood and those things are gross. I took the boys to XC practice. Now I'm watching the Cubs play. It's the bottom of the 12th and they are tied at 3.


I'm going to get up in the morning and take some deep breaths.  And then I'm going in to work. I'm going to pack up my stuff and take it all down the hall. I might even unpack it. I don't know. I might just sit there and breathe all over it. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been forgetting about the deep breathing. I've got to get on that. PDQ.

    ReplyDelete