Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 3 camping.

Mathiessen park is really beautiful. We hiked for about an hour this morning.  I think I liked Cascade Falls the best which is funny because we have some pretty falls right in Bloomington, Indiana at lower cascades. 

 We saw a lot of little kids out hiking today. I really want to bring my boys back here. I think they will love it. 

After hiking, we headed back to the pool to cool off. We ate lunch at a great little restaurant called the uptown grill. They gave us iPads to view the menu. Very cool for La Sallle, Illinois. 

We finally found a part of the I & M trail that was open. We were on it for about 5 miles and grew tired of the mud and rocks.  We jumped on the road and biked for 28 miles. I am so sore. 

We drove back through downtown Ottawa. Lincoln spent a lot of time in that town. They have built huge monuments to show their love for him.  I need to watch the Lincoln movie again. 


No fire for us tonight. I'm so tired. We are headed home tomorrow. I think I'm going to try and find a trail on the way home to hike through. I'm  not ready for this to be over just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment