Thursday, July 17, 2014

Grumpy

I have been grumpy with a capital B today. I got about an hour and a half of sleep last night because my OCD kicked in and I got completely obsessed with trying to finish two projects that I've been working on all summer. They are still not done.  I was in an extremely foul mood most of the morning and my kids were avoiding me like the plague.

I had a doctors appointment at 8:30 this morning and I think I last looked at the clock at 6:30. Harrison woke me up about 7:50 to tell me that he was leaving for his run. Thanks Harrison.   

After my doctor's appointment, I started packing for our camping trip. I just got back from the most amazing, relaxing camping trip that I've ever taken in my life.  This trip is different. There are 6 children here and four of them are teenagers.  At least, they are in good moods. My van and my friends extra large SUV were completely packed for two nights of camping. Two nights!  Just as I was headed out the door to go camping, I got an email from our new principal  that put me over the edge. He sent out new teaching and room assignments for this coming school year. And by this coming school year, I mean in two weeks. I'm out of town until the 28th. 

The teacher that is taking my room wants to know when I'm moving my stuff.   Now she has to wait to move all of her stuff.  I've met with my 3rd grade team twice in the last month. We planned quite a bit for this school year.  I guess, I need to start reading over the 4th grade standards now.  

I need to go to the gym. I'm leaving for Chicago on Sunday.  I hope they have a workout room at the hotel with punching bags. It's midnight. I can't sleep.   The frogs are croaking. They sound pretty happy. 


Henry William



I really do love that my kids like to camp.  They love setting up the tents, building the fires and biking through the camp ground.  Henry has his little book light on and he's reading the newest James Patterson book.  Hayden is passed out.  He was up most of the night playing video games. That kid is a total gamer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment