Monday, July 7, 2014

Hockey School

It's hockey camp week.  Last year, Allan dropped the boys off and I picked them up.  That was a bunch of bull.  The boys DID NOT want to leave camp and they were exhausted and grumpy.  I remember fighting with Henry all the way home about a kid riding his moose to school.  Drop off was so much better.  It was fun and the boys were so excited.  We walked into the Goggin Ice Arena and Henry started spewing fun facts about the rink and Hayden told me all about the ice cream that they serve at every meal.  Henry gave my mom a tour while I waited to check in.  The line was a mile long, but it went quickly.  We got the boys to their dorm and unpacked their clothes.  They are staying at Dodds Hall and supposedly, "it is sooooo much better than Minnich Hall."   My mom wanted to photograph the event, so the boys and I put on a little show.  Well, Henry and I did....



The boys had a meeting at 3:30, so we took off for Bruno's Pizza.  It's a little hole in the wall, but the pizza is tasty.  When we finished stuffing our faces, my mom and I took a long walk through campus.  I found a few things that reminded me of the IU campus.

Slant Walk Gates
Entrance to Miami University

This reminds me of the Alexander Calder sculpture that's in front of the MAC.
"For Kepler"
Painted Steel Sculpture
by Mark di Suvero

I left a backpack full of the twin's favorite snacks at the front desk of their dorm as we were leaving town.  I hope they use their brains and eat a little bit at a time.  Hayden has a hard time with this.  He sees food and he wants to eat it all, especially if it's ice cream.  It was such a beautiful day.  I had a great day with my mom and the boys.



1 comment:

  1. Fun for me too. When I traveled, it was highways and busy streets.you took me through cornfields. If you needed to turn at the cornfield, you surely would be lost. And it was a great day.

    ReplyDelete