Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Chicago

I finally got to ride my bike downtown on Lake Shore Drive. The waves were killer high today and I got hit several times and I loved it. I rode through all of the puddles and had a blast



We rode about 5 miles south of the Navy Pier.  I didn't realize how much of a push the wind was giving us until we turned around. Whoa!  We rode North straight into the wind for about 8 miles and it was a workout!  I can feel my legs getting stronger, but I can also feel August 4th getting closer. And that means back to the classroom.  I need to create a bicycle unit. Maybe I can bring some gears and old parts in and we can build something.   


I saw this sign near Lincoln Park. I didn't see any seniors out today. That's too bad, because today was amazing. No humidity and very sunny. 

Henry and his friend Bo are having camp at The Edge Ice arena in Bensenville. It's about 20 miles east of Chicago.  Right across the street from The Edge is a pond. There are some baby ducks that live there and tomorrow, I'm going to give them some crackers. 


This camp is kicking Henry's butt. They are running a lot of stairs in addition to getting 4 hours a day of ice time.  He's also learning that push ups are important.  

Hayden is having fun at his camp. I face timed him today, so that I could see his burns. They are looking much better. I guess they played a game outside their rink in Indy, shirts vs. Skins. Hayden was on the skins team. Everyone freaked when they saw his chest. His dad told him to put his shirt back on because he's not allowed to let the sun near that part of his body.  I miss Hayden so much right now. Henry is sore and grumpy end Hayden is always my little love bug. 

Henry at Battle Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment