Sunday, July 20, 2014

Camping part 2

There were kids everywhere. They were really good and no one there was under the age of 12. That helped. I did learn something new. Hayden dropped the super hot marshmallow roaster on his stomach. When you have 2nd and 3rd degree burns, you have to pour water on them for 10 minutes. Then you drive to the hospital really fast. Or maybe the driving to the hospital should have been first.  

The nurse put gauze on his burns and I continuously poured saline solution on the gauze for about 25 minutes. Silvadene is the best ointment in the world for burns. 



I'm including the picture for you Leeway. I'm still waiting for you to get the MD license. 

They are healing nicely, but I'm not sure about hockey camp in the morning.  I'm with Henry in Chicago and Allan is with Hayden in Indianapolis. I hope the chest protector doesn't rub them while he's skating. 

Hayden is going to have a wicked scar.  I told him that it looks like wolverine slashed him.  

5 comments:

  1. Man alive. I can't stop looking at these pictures. Hayden needs to be given many gifts, or maybe just cash.
    Okay.... so pouring water is the first thing we do when this happens???? I've got to get this right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! flush it with water for 10 minutes. It was awful. I hated seeing him in pain. I had the AC on high all the way to the hospital and he could NOT put his seat belt on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's go back to the trusted and true STICKS for the roasting of the marshmallows, okay???

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's an excellent idea LH.

    ReplyDelete