Tuesday, July 15, 2014

3:40am ramblings

Henry knocked my brand new iPhone into the toilet. The only thing that doesn't work is the sound. When someone calls, I can only talk on speaker phone. He spent about an hour on the internet trying to  find a way to fix it. His apology was very sincere. Why didn't I get insurance?!?!??!!




I signed myself up for the dunes half marathon in Gary, Indiana. It's a loop through a park close to Lake Michigan. I'm hoping that they have a lot of police presence that morning. It looks beautiful and it's in October, so hopefully it will be cool. My last half marathon was black flagged.  I was trying to remember the last time I went an entire year without doing a half or full. I think it was back in 2003. I gotta keep this streak going, plus I want something to talk about other than school.  I'm seriously not ready to hear the words, Back to School. 

I have a ton of bug bites from camping. They itch all the time. The next time I go camping, I'm just going to take a bath in deet. Benadryl does nothing for this itch. 

Harrison is letting Goodwoman take his picture tomorrow. We are gonna call these "senior pictures."  He really wants no part of this, but he promised me that he would stand still for 2 shots. I asked him to get his XC jersey from his coach. Did he?  Uh, no. And I asked him to get a haircut. Nope. At this point, I'm just hoping he shows up with clothes on. Shoes optional. 



 The twins have their school physical tomorrow. I warned them, just like I warned their brother 6 years ago, about the cough test. They both said I was lying.  Harrison said the same thing. Zero trust going on here.   Henry finally started to believe me, and then he said that he's quitting sports forever.  Whatever.  Both boys are going to run XC for Tri North. It's going to be fun watching them compete. 

My softball games got rained out today. The twins soccer game was also cancelled. It's been about 2 weeks since I've played softball and I don't know why we paid for summer soccer. Almost every game has been rained out and they don't make those games up.









2 comments:

  1. I am flipping out about the early start. Need to get focused and get my head into the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it, sounds like a tough time! It will all pass, and the future may be brighter��

    ReplyDelete