Sunday, July 27, 2014

Even though I didn't get the job...

Henry is smart. He's witty, he's cute, he's athletic.  That kid has the whole package. Sometimes, I just sit back and watch him move through life in amazement. I was getting ready for my interview and I said...

hey Henry, what was your favorite part of 5th grade?

Family Life!

I was like, what's familllllyyyy?? oh, very funny!!!

No seriously.  

Ok.  Bradford Woods!  And we did this simulation unit where we were assigned a country and then we came to the new world and created a colony and details. Details. Details.  Every single detail.  


When I was done with the interview, I called Kelly and told her that she could bring the boys up to the room. Henry ran in and for some reason, opened up the closet door. He said, "Mom!!  Is the shirt you wore for the interview?"  I said, yes and he said, wow!  I bet you looked beautiful. I know you are gonna get this job now!" That kid. 

So, when I didn't get the job, he was my first thought. I've disappointed him. He had to listen to me complain all last year and it was ugly. I'm not giving up.  It's not August 4th yet. 

On the EL

When the game was over yesterday, Henry wanted to walk around downtown. Our ETA for home was midnight and if we stopped to walk around, it would've been 2am.  So I said we couldn't, but I promised to take him back up there in a couple of weeks.  I'm not sure when that will happen. The boys are starting XC practice on Monday. Free weekends to hang out with mom, are coming to a screaming halt. 

Every day that we were in Chicago, I asked Henry to move up there with me.  He told me no. I listed all the reasons:  better hockey, better sports teams, bigger lake, amazing skyline, delicious pizza, outside ice skating, the museums. No way. 

 I know he's excited to go to Tri North. Well, middle school. He can't really decide between Tri North or Jackson Creek.  I know he would be happier at Jackson Creek, but Hayden wants to go to Tri North and I want them together. 


We are home now and we're watching Frozen. Henry just sang the Let It Go song at the top of his lungs. The kid has it all. 

1 comment:

  1. I love these wonderful, loving, and caring boys!! So proud

    ReplyDelete