Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Elective

My elective this 9 weeks is drawing class.  I went to the library and checked out a ton of drawing books from the kid's section.  I have 6th, 7th, and 8th graders.  They are pretty nice kids.  One girl has already been accepted to Herron.  It's an Art's high school in Indianapolis.  She's so excited.


So yesterday we watched a short video about how to draw Yoda.  The kids all moaned and groaned about their little Yoda's, but I think they turned out just fine.


I really love their artwork.  It's all over my room. My walls will be covered by March.                          I'm having a lot of fun with this group. The kids like to listen to music while we are drawing, so today we listened to David Bowie and talked about how awesome he was.


                 



2 comments:

  1. That's cool that you're teaching an elective.
    I have this book and it helps me draw some simple animals. But your students are obviously well beyond this. Still, it's kind of sweet.http://www.scribd.com/doc/220733927/Illustration-School-Let-s-Draw-Cute-Animals-Chapter-2#scribd

    ReplyDelete