Tuesday, March 15, 2011

spring break

I have this to-do list that is about a mile long.  It’s in my head.  It keeps rattling around and annoying me.  I’m trying to ignore it, but it won’t go away.  I did find out that it goes away when I’m reading a really good book.  I’ve read two so far and I’m about halfway through another one.  I’m reading tinkers now.  It’s ok, but it’s not a grab you by the hand, drag you along the pages kinda book, like the other two were.  I love the bookmark that I’m using.  Hayden made it last year.


The boys have had a blast collecting shells, pieces of coral and other bits of ocean life that have washed up on shore.  They have built several sand castles.  One castle was pretty elaborate.  Each room had its own name.  

They really loved walking with the manta rays.  They were so surprised when they just swam right up to the beach.  You should have seen the look on Henry’s face when I asked him, "well, why do you think the MLB team that is 5 minutes from here is called the Tampa Bay Rays??????”  


That strawberry-looking thing that is in Harrison’s hand is really a piece of coral…  Yeah, I know.  ewwwww!



Check out this picture that I took of the sun…..


That is probably one of the coolest pictures that I have ever taken.  



The boys brought their street hockey gear to Florida.  There are a lot of Canadians down here, so when they go out to play, they attract a lot of attention.  The Canadian kids just walk up and say, I want to play!  It’s so cool.


I’m going to try and get tickets for a spring training baseball game tonight, but first, I’m going to take a nap, read a little more and work really hard to block out that to-do list!






No comments:

Post a Comment