Tuesday, March 8, 2011

banquet

I attended my first Bloomington Blades hockey banquet tonight.  Man, there were a lot of wealthy people in that room.  You know that place called Upland?  Well, the owner’s kid plays hockey, so he was there.  And that place called Oliver Winery?  Yeah, they were there, too.  Oh, and that place called Solution Tree?  Yep, you guessed it.  Henry and Hayden are on the same team with his kid.  There were lots of others, but I don’t them all that well.


I love pulling into an ice rink lot and parking my dented up, 8 year old Ford Focus next to all the Hummers and SUV’s.  It cracks me up.  I really don’t want a new car, but my boys barely fit in the backseat and their equipment takes up most of the cargo space.  Hockey is an expensive sport.  It’s a lot of equipment and it’s not cheap!  Thanks to Nick and Jill for giving us most of the equipment, so that the twins could play this year.  The boys loved playing and I truly enjoyed watching them.  

Track has started for Harrison.  He is bound and determined to run a mile under 5 minutes this year.  He got new running shoes yesterday that weigh about 10 oz.  I can’t wait to see him run his first race.   I’ll be screaming my fool head off for him!

  




No comments:

Post a Comment