Sunday, August 25, 2013

How is it Sunday afternoon?

Well this weekend came and went in a big hurry.  Harrison's first run as a junior was successful.  He placed 8th in his big XC meet.  I think there were 10 or 12 schools there.   I thought he was going to place somewhere in the top 20, but when he placed in the top ten, I was ecstatic!  He even got a medal!!!


Then I was off to the hockey fundraiser 5K.  I almost signed up for this run a couple of weeks ago, but decided to work a water station instead.  I'm so glad that I did because it was about 90 degrees and miserable out!  I also have my half marathon next weekend and I don't want to pull or tear anything.  A bunch of little Blades hockey players were helping me hand out water and Hayden started to turn white.  He crawled under the table and almost passed out.  I had to get him out of there fast!  When I got home, his temperature was 102.  He started throwing up around midnight.   Poor Hayden.



After I got Hayden home, I started getting text messages about the kid's fun run.  Henry won first place!  I had no idea that he was even signed up to run!  His dad and I both missed his race.



I went on a 13 mile bike ride this morning.  I haven't been running much to get ready for this race.  I hope I'm able to do this run.  I ran about 4 miles the other day on a treadmill.  It felt pretty good.  My legs are definitely getting stronger, but I need to run more.

No comments:

Post a Comment