Sunday, August 4, 2013

last day of break

I can't believe how fast this summer flew by.  I spent a great deal of time catching up on my sleep and everything else is pretty much a blur.  I'm pretty happy that I have this blog to look back on and remember that I actually did have a summer filled with lots of adventures.


I wanted my last day of summer break to be eventful, so I made lots of plans and followed through with some of them.  I went to the teacher store with my good buddy Derloshon.  I bought a ton of Charlie Brown stuff to decorate my classroom this year.  I've never had a Charlie Brown classroom.  I got very excited about this school year while shopping for supplies.  I had lesson plan activities bouncing around my head while I was walking up and down the aisles and that's pretty cool.  There are 82 Charlie Brown books at the Monroe County Public Library!

Apparently, the shopping trip wore me out because I came home and crashed.  I woke up to a text inviting me to go out for a boat ride.  I spent about an hour on the lake just taking it all in.  It was a beautiful night.


I really wanted to swim in my pool and ride my bike today, but neither of those things happened.  I did go to the Iron Pit and run 3 miles tonight without stopping to take a break.  I was pretty excited about this.  I averaged 12 minute miles.  Not bad.  27 days until my run.

I'm setting my alarm.  I have two days to get my classroom ready.  Another year of cute third graders.  I can't wait to meet this group.  I want a fun filled year of third grade silliness.  Goofy smiles, funny jokes, and lots of memories.

2 comments:

  1. Charlie Brown classroom. love that idea. Have the best start this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heff. I'm very nervous about this crew.

    ReplyDelete