Monday, November 25, 2013

Shopping

I went grocery shopping yesterday at Kroger and ran into one of my former students.  He's a 6th grader now.  I had him briefly in third grade, for maybe a month or so.  He is one of our frequent flyers.  His parents or mom or whatever moves around A LOT.   When he saw me, he said, hey, I know you!  And he pointed at me and babbled on and on and he couldn't remember my name.  I said, hi Robert, I hope you have a good week off.  As I walked down the aisles, I ran into him about 3 more times and he kept saying, I can't believe that I'm seeing you here.  It's so funny to run into students outside of school.   



After seeing Robert, I ran into a parent of a current student and he pulled his jacket up over the side of his face and acted as if he was ducking away from me.  I laughed and thought about which interaction was more bizarre.  I really want to start shopping in a different town, or maybe a different state.  

3 comments:

  1. Love this story. I remember that young man very well. Happy 2 hour delay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got the snow day. Maybe a 2 hour delay today???? Any hope for that?

    ReplyDelete