Monday, November 4, 2013

Hockey has started

The twins are Peewees now and their team is pretty good.  They played their first two games yesterday and won both.  Henry is playing defense this year and he is not very happy about this.  He loves being the goalie.  Hayden is playing offense and he scored a goal in the first game of the season.  I was so proud of him and it's soooo important that he keeps this up.  Hayden is playing a lot of video games these days and I want him to love something other than minecraft, cube world, and pixel people.



So, yesterday at the hockey game, one of the little Blades players started to choke.  I heard one of the parents screaming, are you OK???  and I was sitting really close to this kid.  I had to give him the heimlich maneuver.  He was choking on a hot dog.  His mom showed up right after it happened and told me that he chokes all the time.  I said, really?  Me too!  She told me that he has had his esophagus stretched twice and the doctor said it's called Schatzki's ring.  Do you know how long I have waited to know what I have??  Even the doctor that stretched my esophagus didn't give me a name for it.  So, I told the kid's mom that I'm sorry that he choked, but I'm so glad that I know what this is now.



Harrison finished his XC season last Saturday at the state meet.  He improved his time from last year, but was not happy with how his season ended.  He wants to work harder than ever for next season.  I told him that I could get him a trainer that works with runners.  He didn't answer me, so that probably means no.   I'm hoping that his track season is better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment