Monday, July 11, 2016

Day 1

Day 1 of fun road trip was challenging. We left later than I thought we would, 2 hours later.  The roads were great though.  There was hardly any traffic. We almost ran out of gas.   We took an exit that had one gas station and it was 2 miles off of the highway. I looked down for a minute and Harrison missed the turn. 30 minutes later we had gas and I took over the driving. 


Harrison went back to sleep. 

We got to Clear Lake, Iowa and I could not find the state park entrance.  It is beautiful here by the way. I didn't mind getting lost, but I was worried about getting the tent up before dark.  


Harrison did not get the tent ready like I asked him to do.  He was supposed to set it up at home before we left.  We set it up here and it was all moldy from him using it 2 years ago!!   I stomped around and raged a little and he said, "Mom, you have known me for almost 20 years.  What did you expect?"  I died laughing. We had to run to Walmart and buy a new one.  It was 11 pm....  We got it together and built a fire.  I think we sat down and relaxed for about 2 minutes and then the storm hit.  Can't wait for tomorrow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment