Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The Job

I've worked 3 days at Target this week. That means that I've worked every day this week. I learned how to use the cash register on the first day.  I watched the girl check 4 or 5 people out and then she said, it's your turn!  I helped 3 people and she said, ok, it's time for me to go home.  I was like, whatttttt????  I haven't used a cash register since the 80's!!!  She cracked up.  I think she was around 12.  She said, oh you will be fine and if you need help, flip this light on. Everything was fine. Cash registers do everything now. I think I pushed 2 buttons for each customer. Oh. We can't call them customers, they are guests. The Be My Guest song always plays in my head when I hear someone say it. 


I have folded a lot of clothes this week.  More than I have in the past 5 years at home.  Maybe I should start folding my own clothes now. I'll think about it.  We organized the market tonight. The market is the food aisles. I couldn't reach anything on the top shelf and our trainer said, I know someone that's not going to make it out of seasonal employment.... Our trainer was pretty funny. He kept waking around telling us jokes.  Most of the jokes were not funny, but he was. His name is Addison, but his name tag says Red Bulll.  

The work is stress free and the people are all very nice, but back to school signs and supplies are everywhere. Stress is coming from a different angle. I'm sleeping like 4 or 5 hours a night right now and I need 8 or 9 or 15! 

1 comment:

  1. I need to go get my folders at Target but I can't deal with it.

    Don't stress too much. You need sleep.

    ReplyDelete