Friday, June 6, 2014

Writing Prompt #6

Write about the field trip to the Feline Rescue Center

That place scares me.  There are wild animals everywhere and within your reach.  I was on edge most of the day.  At one point, Hayden was just leaning on the fence, chillin, with his fingers hanging through it.  The amazing lady tour guide reminded him gently, to NOT do that!  I think I had my arms folded or shoved in my pockets all morning.  I was convinced that Hayden was going to lose a body part before the day was over.

During the tour, the lady told us that some of the big cats like to spray the visitors.  Great!  At the end of the tour, one of the cats turned around and aimed his gun at us and started firing.   I screamed and started running.  I think I punched the man in front of me.  I saved all of the children on the tour from getting sprayed, even though one little girl had already wet her pants.

I loved listening to the cats purr, chuff, and roar across the park.  The EFRC is a great place and they are doing amazing things for big cats.  I wish I could have relaxed a little more.





The woman behind all of the cool shots that were taken today.


No comments:

Post a Comment