Friday, June 6, 2014

Writing prompt #4

Tell a stranger about a beloved family tradition.

I've taken the twins to a baseball game for Mother's Day every year for 4 years now.  The first year, we went to an IU baseball game. For the past 3 years, we've gone to Indianapolis Indians games. At first, it was just the twins and I, but every year, we have more friends tag along.  Harrison even went this year and he can't stand baseball.  Last year I caught a foul ball and I still have the ball in my bedroom next to my bed, like a little kid with their most prized possession. The Indians organization offers massages and manicures to the mothers.  One year, I got a massage during the third inning, but mostly I'm there to watch the game.  I'm hoping to take my mom next year. 



Happy Mother's Day to me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment