Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Writing Prompt June 17

Quote your favorite moment from a film.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is my favorite movie. It's a dark movie and the scenes jump around a lot.  The main character, Joel,  is in the process of getting his memory erased.  His girlfriend, Clementine, has just broken up with him and he is completely heart broken.  Here's the scene:  Joel flashes back to the two of them lying in bed.  Clementine is telling Joel that she thinks she is ugly.  Joel thinks that she is the most beautiful girl in the world.

Clementine tells Joel:  Joely, don't ever leave me.

Joel wants to keep this memory and he screams out, "Mierzwiak, please let me keep this memory.  Just this one."

I get cold chills every time I watch this part of the movie.  Every relationship that we have with people has good and bad memories.  I like to hold on to the good memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment