Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Last little league game


Henry's team lost their playoff game tonight. I was a wreck the entire game. I wanted them to win so badly.  They lost to the Phillies. Henry had one good hit out to center field.  The kid should have caught it, but he didn't and his hit scored 3 runs. It finally hit me about an hour ago why I was such a wreck tonight. It was his last little league game. He will be at Winslow on the big field next year.  Two of Henry's teammates were crying and I wanted to cry too. I asked Henry if he was ok, and he said, "yeah, I just don't care that much."  He will probably play another year or two and then I won't have a baseball player in my family.  That's when I will be crying.  




1 comment:

  1. But some of the happiest days of my spring and summer and have been watching Henry play baseball. And in a year or two when he doesn't want to play any longer, we will watch him run, or play hockey or frisbee, or swim or whatever he is doing. There is a season for everything...

    ReplyDelete