Friday, June 6, 2014

Writing prompt #5

Today's Prompt: Write a scene where the only spoken dialogue is "Umm...", "Urr...", "Uh-huh", or "Mm-mmm..."

So, Harrison wants to go to Florida with his friends in a couple of weeks.  He told me that it was just a group of teenagers, no adults. That's when I said, "uh-huh." He told me that he needed about $500 for the week and I said, "ummmmm."  Before I could suggest that he get a summer job, he told me that he was looking for one.  I said, "uh-huh."  During the conversation, he got a text from his friend Griffin and he told me that Griffin's parents would be driving them down there and they would have adult supervision after all, I said, "mmm-mmmmm."  I love Florida.  I love the ocean, the waves, the white sandy beaches, it's just one of my favorite places and Harrison knows this.  He tells me that he hates Florida all the time!  I beg him to go to Florida with the twins and I every spring break and he says, "urrrrr....."  He used to go to Florida with me when he was little.  

So, I told him to have fun and pack some sun screen. 


Spring Break 2007 Henry and Harrison
Harrison 2003



No comments:

Post a Comment