Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Writing prompt # 8

If each decade of your life was represented by a song, what would it be?


1970's -- I came home from school one day and music was blasting throughout the house.  My mom had bought us the Sha Na Na silly songs album and she was jammin out.  I loved every song on the album.  I guess my favorites were Rama Lama Ding Dong, Splish Splash and Alley Oop


I just bought this album on itunes and I'm burning a cd now for the car.  The boys will know every song by heart by the end of the summer.

My parents played a lot of country music back in the day.  Some of my favorites:
Charlie Daniels Band:  The Devil Went Down to Georgia
Ray Stevens:  The Streak
John Denver:  Thank God I'm a Country Boy


1980's Michael Jackson: Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean-- Really anything.  I loved his music.
George Michael: Faith, I Want Your Sex
Prince: Purple Rain Album
Beastie Boys:  Licensed to Ill Album--  Fave would probably be Paul Revere
John Bon Jovi:  Livin On a Prayer

1990's Sinead O'Connor:  Nothing Compares 2 U
Aerosmith:  Janie's Got a Gun
Madonna:  Vogue


2000  Anything by Uncle Kracker - I think I listened to the No Stranger to Shame CD 50,000 times.  Memphis Soul Song, Follow Me, Drift Away

2002 Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

2005 Saving Jane --  Girl Next Door Album   I love this album.  Go ahead and just listen to every song.

2009  Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight

2010 Pink - Raise Your Glass

This was tough.  I left a lot of great artists out.


No comments:

Post a Comment