Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Purple Belt

I watched my niece get her purple belt tonight in Kenpo.  It's a lot like Taekwondo and while I was watching her perform all the memories of watching Harrison practice came flooding back.  I really miss those days.  He would practice 3 times a week and after Saturday morning practice, I would take him to the Bakehouse by the mall.  It was nice because it was always just the two of us.  Then one day, he decided to quit.  I think he made it to his purple-white belt and stopped.  I was so disappointed, but football and track practice got in the way and the twins were getting older.  I redirected my energy and moved forward.  



Sydney was great tonight.  She broke a board and really knew her stuff.  She's on her way to being a black belt.




We ate at the House of Tokyo after the purple belt test.  It only took about 30 minutes to order all of the food, but it was worth it.  Great night with my family.  

1 comment: