Monday, February 1, 2016

Hockey weekend

Henry was so excited for the NHL All Star skills competition and games this past weekend. He's been telling me about it for weeks. He has also been keeping me updated on the John Scott story. When he first started talking about him last week, I was like wow, ok, uh-huh, and then I sat down to watch the game with Henry.  Everyone was talking about this guy. I read several articles about him and then logged into Twitter, because let's face it, that's where you go to get the real info. 

My favorite article about him was here:  http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

It was nice to see the NHL players step up and make sure he had the greatest All Star weekend of his life. I think they all realized that they could be the next John Scott. 

Henry really wanted the central division to win the all star game. I told him after the first game started that they didn't have a chance because John Scott wasn't on that team.  I think Henry understood why the players did what they did, or maybe he will someday.  

The boys played Louisville on Sunday morning. They won one and lost one. Number 33 on the Louisville team didn't shake hands at the end of the game. A couple of our guys really got under his skin.  He was threatening to beat everyone up outside of the locker room. We are going back to Louisville in a few weeks. I can't wait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment