Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentine's Day with 6th graders

I really, really, really didn't want to have a party with my 6th graders today, but my teaching partner wanted one.  I announced it yesterday. The kids were pissed and rightly so. I was giving them a 20 hour notice and they can't even drive yet. One of the boys asked if he could bring a date. I said, "this is exactly WHY I DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE A PARTY!!!"  

The party started at 1:55. It was complete insanity for 20 minutes. The kids were throwing candy across the room, barking like dogs, running in circles, and I'm pretty sure that 2 boys got married,  There was definitely a ceremony and I remember a flower boy.   

I was so glad when the bell rang. They all ran out of the room to their elective. I spent the next 20 minutes cleaning the room and swearing under my breath. Valentine's Day has always been my least favorite holiday and after today, it will always and forever be my least favorite. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm so controlling with the Thirdlanders. The minute they start acting like they're actually at a party, I clamp down. So I don't think they loved our Valentine's Day Party, but I think they liked it. which is okay by me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!! Perfect Heff. I need more of this in my life.

    ReplyDelete