Wednesday, August 17, 2011

J is for just so tired

It has been a very long week.  I barely know what day it is.  I hope I don't ever have to have a sub on the first day of school again!  Thanks to Leeway for coming in and doing an amazing lesson with my students.

I didn't want to tell the students that I had to leave.  So, I waited until the last possible minute to tell them.  I told them that the sub was going to be just fine, and that Mrs. Bodnar (awesome spec. ed teacher), and my student teacher would all be there to help finish their first day of third grade.  They all groaned and said, ok.....

Then, I told them that the amazing Dr. H was ALSO coming to do a fun lesson with them.  Cheers erupted!  This one little kid, that had pretty much made my day a living nightmare, got up and did a DANCE!!!  I LOL and walked out of the room.

So, thank YOU again, Dr. Heffernan.  The kids and the staff at Fairview, think you are a Rock Star.


This is Joann Jett performing in a Joe Namath New York Jets jersey!


4 comments:

  1. This made me extremely happy. Your class is awesome.
    They had so many great ideas about Crow Boy. Today I read it to another class and tomorrow I'm going to read it to 2 more. I want to THANK you for trusting me with your cool kiddos. We're going to have quite a year I think.

    Ros and I are laughing a lot over your link for sub. SO TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could say that I was there and took that picture, but I just found it on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you and leeway can support one another along this crazy teaching journey. And the sub link is pretty perfect.

    ReplyDelete