Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Q is for Quarter

We talked about money in math today.  Some of my students could tell me which coin was the quarter, some couldn't.  It's the fifth lesson in the first chapter of the book and they are asking the students to add up 3 quarters, 5 dimes, 4 nickels, and 2 pennies.  I would be happy if everyone could just identify the coins at this point in the game.  Tomorrow, I will start over with the lesson of coin identification.  I think I will start with the quarter.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a good teacher. I miss working with you. Also I think the US should go back to putting only the eagle on the quarter. Special Ed kids could identify it better when there was an eagle on the back.

    ReplyDelete