Tuesday, August 30, 2011

R is for really pissed off

Harrison quit football and is now running cross country for his high school team.  He was very undecided about which sport to participate in this year.  He really loves football, but he has the build of a XC runner.  After a couple of loses and not one single pass in his direction, he decided to quit the team.  They also stopped throwing the ball to him in practice.  So, he was just basically running down the field as a decoy.

I told him that he needed to talk to the cross country coach first and ask if he was allowed to do this.  I also, told him that he needed to talk to the head football coach, not the freshman football coach, and inform him of his decision.  So, my son took my advice and talked to both coaches.  When he told the head football coach that he was quitting, he screamed at him, "to get out of his office and go ruin someone else's team!"   Harrison said that he did not even let him talk.  This coach is also one of his teachers.  The class is strength training and he has to see him everyday.  I'm not sure that I want this teacher to have daily contact with my son.  I'm pretty sure that he said the meanest thing that he could possibly say to Harrison.

So, I'm really pissed off right now.  I'm trying to decide how to handle this.


4 comments:

  1. This is horrible. I can't understand how some people think they
    have the right to talk to other people like this. It makes me v. upset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who get into education and coaching so they can feel powerful by yelling at kids really piss me off, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck? What's the update on this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still trying to calm down before I go talk to the coach. Harrison doesn't want me to talk to him, but everyone that I have talked to about this, told me not to let it go.

    ReplyDelete