Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I have one of the best moms in the world.  She let me be who I wanted to be when I was little.  I sometimes played with baby dolls, but mostly I played outside in the dirt, with my shirt off.  I was a tough little kid that never sat still.


I'm pretty sure that when my parents put up that fancy 1970 aluminum swing set in our backyard, they meant for me to swing on it, but I had other plans.  I climbed it like a little monkey and walked across the top of it.


I was always begging her to sign me up for something, mostly baseball and softball.  She took me to all of my practices and games and she still takes me to games!



 She has taught me how to be strong and make it through life's tough patches.  She has always pulled herself up by her own bootstraps because there was no other way to make it.  She's a great person that will give you the shirt off of her own back, if you need it.


I love my mom because she loves me for who I am.  She is there for me when I need her and I hope to be like her someday because that is the best kind of mom in the world to be.



1 comment: