Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Biking

I'm trying to figure out the rules of bicycling in a group.  I am the SLOWEST biker in the group and I feel bad because everyone ends up waiting on me.  I've thought about quitting many times, but Henry loves to do this ride.  He also loves getting pizza at Big Woods after with our friends.

The ride is 20 miles through the beautiful hills of Brown County.  There are two or three hills in the first 5 miles that are just brutal.  I bike most of this alone and then the ride is amazing.  I usually catch up with a few people at this point, but I still like biking at my own pace.  I also enjoy biking out in the country away from all the traffic.  I like the safety of the group.  We've had a few incidences with dogs and a few people have wrecked their bikes, so staying together is a must.  I need to read a few articles about biking in a group and build up my strength.  It's getting dark earlier each day, so we are going to have to shorten this ride soon.  I'm hoping to be stronger in the spring.  I really want to get faster.  I can feel my legs getter stronger, but losing 20 pounds would be awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment