Monday, September 2, 2013

Time flies, sometimes

I had a terrible time for my half marathon on Saturday, but I finished.  I waited in line at portable toilets for 40 minutes and that really screwed up my time.  I was also in a stupid portable toilet when the race started.  Around mile 9, I walked with an Indianapolis fire fighter.  She was dressed in full gear and was carrying an oxygen tank on her back.  She had cute pink tennis shoes and a huge smile on her face.  I stopped feeling sorry for myself for a minute and took off running.

I was at mile 11 when they black flagged the race. That means the race was officially over, but we could continue at our own risk. They ran out of cups at the water stations, but they did have ice packs for us.  I walked the last 3 miles because my back was hurting and I was hot and miserable.

Lesson:  No more August runs!!!




 I finished this hot weekend floating around Lake Monroe and playing in the pool.  Henry and I are going on our 20 mile bike ride with the Browns tomorrow.  It's supposed to be a lot cooler.  I can't wait for fall.  

1 comment: