Sunday, November 2, 2014

XC season

The season did not end like it was supposed to for Bloomington Norh.  They finished 6th.  They expected to finish in the top 5. Harrison didn't have a great run and his friend Phillip was carried to the sideline again. I think he broke his foot. I stood behind these two and watched them cry. I took off my coat and gave it to  Harrison and then I took off my hoodie and gave it to Phillip.



  I didn't say one word to either one of them.  It was freezing and I could hear the boys talking, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I'm so proud of them. I'm proud of their fight and the friendships that they have made.  I watched my son carry his teammate to the sideline and wait for the cart to come and pick him up. He just waited.  After the cart came, we walked back to the tent together.   Most of the team was there.  They were eating and some were celebrating.  Two of the North boys medaled. Griffin and Fergus had an amazing race.  I will miss watching these boys run.  





No comments:

Post a Comment