Sunday, May 15, 2011

the bike ride

I went on a bike ride with the twins and my mom yesterday.  My mom told me that she couldn’t remember how to ride a bike.  This coming from a woman who rode a motorcycle for years.  I gave her a quick demonstration on how to take off, put my helmet on her and gave her a big push.  She screamed and the twins started chasing her on their rollerblades.  She made it down the street and back, but couldn’t remember how to stop.  So, I jumped in front of the bike and held on to the handlebars until she put her foot down.

Even though my gut was telling me to not take her on a bike ride, I did it anyway.  We all took off and mom was shaky.  She could barely keep up with us, so we rode slowly.  She came to a turn that made her nervous, so she decided to just “crash” the bike into the soft grass.  I turned around and she was laying in someone’s yard.  The people just happened to be outside and they were running over to see if she was ok.  It was time to go home.

I’m biking out to the Causeway today, BY MYSELF!  The lake water is up so high that it is washing over the road and I want to see this.





1 comment: