Monday, May 16, 2011

track

Harrison had his last track meet tonight.  He placed 2nd in the 1600 with a time of 5:18, but the real news is that his 4 x 800 relay team beat the Tri North record in a time of 9:44.  They had been trying to beat this time all season and they finally did it tonight.  I’m kinda sad that track is over.



I rode out to the Causeway yesterday.  It was about 40 miles there and back.  It rained for most of the ride, but it was still fun.  I’m trying to get ready for our trip to the Dunes this summer.  My hip is a little sore from the ride, but mostly I feel ok.  The water was up to the road, but not over the road.  The road that is under water is on the other side of Bloomington, close to the dam, but it was still pretty cool.  I’ve never seen the water this high.  





I signed up for the Disney Half-Marathon run yesterday.  Harrison is running it with me.  My crazy mother is running the full with her friend.  I swore that I would never go back to Disney World.  Guess, I should take my own advice and NEVER use the word never!  I just looked up my old times for the Disney runs.  I won’t even get close to these times, unless I train hard core.  Maybe, I can hire Harrison to be my personal trainer.

Disney
2004 - Half Marathon 2:35
2005 - Marathon  5:16


6 comments:

  1. I too love track. Good luck on the Disney race!! I bet it will be cool to run with the boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Disney World for nine years! The last time I was there I met a boy and my dad never took me back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAAAAA HAAAAA. Goodman. You are hilarious.

    KC - I do love running with Harrison. I just can’t keep up with him anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to see Harrison today. He's a great kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trent liked the pics of the lake-it's been a while since it looked liked that.

    I'm glad Harrison ended the track season well! that's so amazing that he broke a record! way to go!!!!

    2nd grade is the best!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lee. I think he's pretty cool.

    Erin- 3rd grade is better. duh!

    ReplyDelete