Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Last Day

I’ve been in survival mode for about 2 or 3 months now.  I didn’t think that I was going to make it out alive, but I did.  I’m looking forward to next year.

I think today was the longest last days in the history of last days.  I think it was about 900 degrees outside, so field day was short and sweet.   My favorite was tug of war.  I think my team won like 3 or 4 times.  I also enjoyed watching the “jump the creek” game.  Some of those kids can jump really far!

I told the sub for our inclusion teacher, that today was going to be an easy and fun day.  At 3:00, she told me that I lied to her!  I had to laugh.  She was right.  Nothing about today was easy.  Especially, when I had to say goodbye to some of my students that I know are moving away or going on to middle school.

I took some pictures of t-shirts in all the chaos.  







This girl made me take her picture.  I guess she wanted to be part of the fun.







Henry was crying when I got home.  He doesn’t want school to be over.  He said that this was his best school year ever.

1 comment:

  1. Your post made me cry. I am going to miss all the kiddos! I wish I had been a field day. I'm a beast at Tug of War!

    ReplyDelete