Tuesday, April 12, 2011

class clown

My reading group is reading Class Clown by Johanna Hurwitz.  It’s about a kid that loves to make people laugh.  We have been having a great time reading about this Lucas character and laughing at all the silly things he does in class.  A couple of my little cherubs thought it would be fun to emulate some of his stunts.  I did not laugh.



After he gets a note sent home (in chp. 1), he decides to change his ways and become a model student.  We are reading chapter 4 tomorrow and I’m ready for Lucas to straighten up and do the right thing.  Come on, Lucas.  I know you can do it!

7 comments:

  1. If you think Lucas can do it, I think Lucas can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't kids like to emulate the characters who are well behaved and polite? Someone should write a book about a very well-behaved, polite kid and then have him get in adventures so that other kids want to read that book and then act just like the hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shef and I will probably read this book. It seems right up his alley.

    Are you with fourth graders this year??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, 4th grade and I have to admit, this book is hilarious.

    The one good thing about this book is that the students are finding tons of connections to write about it!!

    Polite well-behaved characters are boring…. Have you read any of the Junie B. books with Shef? Now that is some funny stuff! That girl is always in trouble. My boys loved those books. They made me read some of them twice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. The naughty kids are the funniest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have read about 20 Junie B.'s. I laugh so hard in those books!! Now we're on the A to Z Mysteries, but I'm craving something funny once again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never read this book. I think she wrote Aldo Applesauce. I love that book.

    Okay, see you at the worksite!

    ReplyDelete