Sunday, September 10, 2017

And when I go there, I go there with you, It's all I can do

I constantly have lesson plans swirling around in my head.  It's fun, but sometimes annoying.  Is this normal?  I don't know.  I need to find a way to tame it.  Take control.  Last night I was thinking about the book, Grace for President.  I have read this book many times over the years.   Shameeka B's reaction was the greatest, still, to this day.  She was livid to see all those men, all those white faces, on the wall.  She decided on that day, that she was going to do something, be something.  She stepped up her game for the rest of her little third grade year.  She's was a tiny little thing, but a powerhouse.  She was smart in more ways than one.  I loved being her teacher.  I hope she's out there killing it somewhere.


 I've always read it aloud to the entire class. I got this idea in my head last night, that I was going to do something different with it this year.  This year, I'm first going to read it to the girls, then to the boys.  I want to see and hear their reactions without the opposite sex sitting next to them.  I have a little handout for the students to fill out while I'm reading.  We are going to stop and discuss the book along the way.  Look for updates later.

I stumbled upon the thinker builder guy in TPT  while reading, and researching last night.  His blog is loaded with great ideas that I would like to try in my classroom.  I saw his quote wall and I'm thinking about putting one in my bedroom.  Just for something to look at and constantly remind myself to keep going.  I like this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment