Tuesday, September 19, 2017

I'm wide awake, I'm not sleeping

School was so great today.  I spent the day reading about Roberto Clemente, Babe Ruth, and Hank Aaron. My little 3rd graders were angels.  They are trying to earn stars so that they can sit at the special table for lunch.  This is definitely working.  I had no idea that my class could walk down the hallway quietly.  

We went outside for recess, even though they told me that the ground might be wet because it rained.  The ground was fine and it was a beautiful day.  At our 2nd recess, I asked my incredibly, talented gymnastic girls to recreate a picture I saw on Instagram.  It looked like this.



My third graders almost nailed it.....





ok, ok,  they actually did a better job than this, but this is funny.  And we never came close to the real picture, but it was still fun.  They were all laughing hysterically.

On my way home, I stopped for motor oil and I couldn't get the hood to the van open.  The stupid thing is broken.  Then I had to stop to get my library books that were ready and there was no parking.  I had to pay for parking.  When I got home, I tried to relax.  I watched some tv, read some articles, and then I fell down the stairs.  My knee twisted in a way that is not normal.  I crawled to the couch.  No one was home, so I just laid there in agony, swearing at the ceiling.  My stairs are carpeted and they suck.  Almost everyone I know has fallen down them.  There isn't any skin left on my elbow and I'm waiting to see if I can walk in the morning.  It's pretty swollen.  Tomorrow should be loads of fun.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment